Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Oily Summer

Well, its been a long, long time.
Things have changed in my life. For the better, for the worse, depending on your point of view. For one, I'm earning. Wow. That's like totally unexpected. Rajeev? A job? Responsibility? Stuff like that? On the other hand, I'm broke. Always. Its like one of life's terrible tragic ironies.
Where did I leave off? Third term went reasonably well. My standards of course, are not everyone else's. Project Work etc.. Not too much blogwork. Alienated people. Avoided people. Met people. At Unmaad and all, for those in the know.
Back to my project. At Castrol. I was surprised that i was stationed at Chennai. The land famous for heat, sweat and now, me. A lubricating oil company, an oily city. Not just because of the sweat. Anyways, expected a lot of touring and travelling, but doing a lot of it over that blessed invention called the phone. God bless Alexander Graham Bell. Also Bless the dude who invented the airconditioner.
Oil, oil, oil. Met a few distributors. Talked to a lot more. Again, oily people. It all boils down to that in the industry. I got to really rub them with the ol' oil before the start talking. Of course, my project isnt running like a well-oiled machine, but the analogy still holds. Its moving along like a one-legged octagenarian trying to do a waltz on an oily dance floor.
Ah well, the cribs are over. This isnt gonna be a summer I'm gonna forget anyway. Lots of good things happened as well. One very good thing. And I think I'll keep this blog more active now.

No comments: